Monday 6 August 2012

Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin (Book #5)

Love The One You're With by Emily Griffin
Link: Goodreads

Synopsis:
Ellen and Andy's first year of marriage doesn't just seem perfect, it is perfect. There is no question how deep their devotion is, and how naturally they bring out the best in each other. But one fateful afternoon, Ellen runs into Leo for the first time in eight years. Leo, the one who brought out the worst in her. Leo, the one who left her heartbroken with no explanation. Leo, the one she could never quite forget. When his reappearance ignites long-dormant emotions, Ellen begins to question whether the life she's living is the one she's meant to live. 
Love the One You're With is a powerful story about one woman at the crossroads of true love and real life.
Review:

This book had me hot and cold towards the main character, at first, I just couldn't sympathize with her acting like an ex-boyfriend was more important than her husband (even though she was obviously conflicted), especially considering how nice and sweet her husband really was. So when I first started reading it, it just seemed like she was restless and I didn't appreciate what she had.


As the book goes on, I did start to provide more sympathy to her and the story became more and more interesting. If there's one thing Emily Giffin can do, it's write an amazing story that you just can't put down. I finished this book over a weekend and I became so absorbed in the story, that I just couldn't put it down. I finally finished it one morning by staying in bed and flying through the last 50 pages.

The ending of this book really redeemed itself from I felt about it at the beginning, and if there's one thing I have to say, it's that you should give this book a shot if you want to put it down after the first few chapters.

What Type of Read Was It (One Word)? Obsessive

Who would Enjoy this book? If someone enjoys reading and is out of things to read, they'd probably like this book.

Will I read it again? Probably not.

Overall Review: 3.5 out of 5.

Questions:


  1. Have you read Love The One You're With? What about did you like/ didn't like?
  2. Can you persist through a book if you're frustrated with the main character or do you give up?

Last Comment: Are all of Emily Giffn's novels about people cheating??

No comments:

Post a Comment